All Irrigators and Backflow Operators must by registered with the City. Registration must include:
- Competed Contractor Registration Form
- A copy of the Contractor’s State License
- A copy of the Contractor’s Drivers License
- A copy of the ACORD Insurance Form, listing the City as a Certificate Holder
Irrigator Requirements: Effective January 1, 2010
• TCEQ requires that the installer of the irrigation system to be licensed by the state of Texas.
• A permit is required prior to the installation of the irrigation system.
• Do not exceed manufacturer’s published radius or spacing between emission devices.
• New irrigation systems may not use above ground spray devices in landscapes that are at least 48 inches long or wide (the measurement does not include impervious areas) and have sidewalks, driveways or streets on two (2) or more sides.
• Connections to an irrigation system for drinking or domestic use is prohibited.
• An irrigator is not required to prepare an irrigation plan for the maintenance, alteration, repair or service to a homeowner-installed system.
• TCEQ requirements do not apply to those systems connected to a groundwater well for domestic use by the property owner.
• Irrigators are required to maintain archival copies (hard or electronic) of documents given to the irrigation system owner or owner’s representative. Records must be maintained for a minimum of three (3) years.