R.O.W. – Right of Way Permits
Have you registered? If not, complete your registration now. If yes, then proceed.
A permit shall be obtained for all street right-of-way excavations prior to any cut (open ditch, boring, bore pit, curb cut,etc.) being made. It is understood that street cuts are sometimes made in an emergency situation and under emergency circumstances, the City of Aurora authorizes such cuts to be made and notification shall be made by submitting the application for a permit to the City no later than Noon the following working day.
Upon approval of the application, the issued permit must be signed and hold the City Seal to be a valid City permit. The permit application shall be obtained and formal approval is required in advance of the actual construction activity.
What to Provide
The following information will need to be provided to obtain a Permit:
- Please submit all applications electronically
- Completed application, design plans, engineering plans, profile plan, and traffic control plan.
- $75 fee per permit type
- Estimate of cut sizes (i.e. 4’x3′ asphalt, 30LF curb,32SF concrete, etc.)
- Deposit $ for any asphalt or concrete repairs needed
After Work is Completed
- If no changes were made to previous submittals you may call for a final inspection.
- If changes were made during construction, to the plans you first submitted to us, then finals, showing changes will need to be submitted to the Aurora City Hall BEFORE you call in your final inspection. Please note, failure to submit Finals in a timely manner will place a hold on any future permit applications and will result in penalties and fines up to $500 per day.