Driving Safety Course
Please Note: All payments made online will be automatic convictions, unless prior arrangements have been made. If you wish to select the Driver Safety Course Option or Deferred Disposition Option you MUST CONTACT THE COURT PRIOR TO PAYMENT to verify the proper paperwork has been submitted.
If you are charged with a traffic offense under the Subtitle C, Transportation Code, a request may be made to take a driving safety course. This option will result in a dismissal once you have complied with all the terms.
Do not take a driving safety course without first obtaining permission from the Court.
To Request Dismissal by Drivers Safety:
- Provide proof of liability insurance (or other financial responsibility)
- Provide proof of a valid Texas driver’s license
- Enter a plea of guilty or no contest
- Pay the courts costs and fee of $144
- Sign an sworn affidavit declaring that you are eligible to take a driving safety course
Eligibility for Dismissal by Drivers Safety:
- You have not completed a Driving Safety Course for ticket dismissal in the previous 12 months (calculated from date of previous completion date to the violation date of your current citation).
- You are not currently taking a course for another traffic violation.
- You must plead guilty or no contest
- You have not committed the offense of speeding 25 mph over the posted speed limit
- You do not possess a Commercial drivers license
- Your offense was not committed in a construction zone
- You have not committed one of the following violations: (a) failure to give information at an accident scene; (b) leaving the scene of an accident; (c) fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer; (d) reckless driving; (e) passing a school bus; or (f) a serious traffic violation.
NOTE: Your citation must be for a moving violation in order to be dismissed by drivers safety.
You must submit all required items to the Court and pay fee/fine prior to your Appearance Date.
Once you obtained approval from the Court, you have 90 days to complete the course and provide signed Certificate of Completion and a copy of your driving record as maintained by the Texas Department of Public Safety (Certified 3A) to the Court.
The Driving Safety-Defensive Driving Class (DSC) provider must be approved by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations (TDLR) and the course may be taken either online, in a classroom setting, or by video/DVD.
If you fail to comply with these conditions, you will receive a notice for a Show Cause Hearing requiring you to appear before the Court.
Below is a link to download the Driving Safety Course Request Form. Please follow the instructions on the application and if you have questions about your the process, please contact the Court Clerk at [email protected] or 817-636-2783
Email completed Request form to [email protected]